Saturday, September 11, 2010

Background

After my associate Edward came over with his spirit detecting gear, we could not find any trace of electromagnetic anomaly, nor could we find anything out of sorts in what he called his "ether preceptor". I won't begin to say I understand where he gets his devices, and I believe he makes most of them in his basement, but they seem to work and that is all that matters.
  Before he left, he gave me a "matter detection and aura sniffer" which looked like an eggbeater with wires and a small electronic device attached to the bottom. It would safeguard me, he said, from any further intrusions into my home. I thanked him, slipped him some bills for his time, and he made his exit.

  As I am sitting here, drinking tea (the sugar pot is still missing), I have read a bit of history on the area the supposed cult had been holding it's meetings. It seems hundreds of years ago, it was a sort of holy ground for the local native tribes, a  place of taboo. "Strong medicine" was said to exist there, and many tribes would visit from areas around to come and pray, and have the shamans talk with the spirit world.

 This reinforces my belief that I am on the right track.

 The next chapter dealt with an eyewitness account of strange tribal going's on there, from a scout party from the Windsor township. The parchment had been dated 1654, and was written by a Henry Bissel, a member of the town's founding families.

" We came upon a place where the ground was soft, not far from the point on the riverbank where we had left our boats. There was a massive stone monolith, and it was inscribed with many pagan and heathen markings. As we watched, the sun set, and many men wanted to return to the boats to camp, but I bade them stay.
   A group of heathen Indians then broke near, and arrived at the stone structure. They had with them what appeared to be a tame wolf! I was surprised at this, a wilde beast amongst them, tame as a lap dog.
  They began chanting, and I felt queer, sick to my head and stomach. The rock seemed to take on a devilish glow, and many of our party began the Lord's prayer. When Joseph made to load his matchlock, I bade him to stop. We would retire from this scene, and leave the filthy pagan's to the unholy worship that they are best known for."

  I could not find anymore on the subject, only that over the next 60 years South Windsor and than East Windsor townships were incorporated.

  Perhaps this place has always been haunted. A haunt, a place frequented by predators. Something is drawing those with mystical abilities here, and now I know the case is bigger than just a blood cult. Though I am intrigued at my visitor the other night, my logic says it was only an apparition and nothing more.


 Sleep soon, more as I come across it.

EW

No comments:

Post a Comment